Friday, January 23, 2015

A Never Imagined Body Of The Philippines - Sabtang, Batanes


I, together with my housemates who have set tour in Sabtang left Marfel's at 6:30am. We took a van to Ivatan Port and arrived at around 7am. From Ivatan Port, we took a Faluwa ride for another 30-40mins to Sabtang. The whole Faluwa ride was quite challenging and a bit scary. I've been told that Sabtang offers a LOT more of Batanes, so despite of the normal-for-locals-and-not-for-non-locals sea wave, we went and visit the island and I just loved it!

As soon as we reached Sabtang, Kuya Michael, my local guide and driver with his "Kubo On Wheels" for that day picked me up and we went straight to their tourism office to register and pay for the environmental fee (P200).

Savitug Village house :)


I spent almost whole day to visit ALL of Sabtang beauties.

First stop, Old Beaterio. It took me some time to finally convinced myself and realize that those postcard-like pictures that I'm used seeing online were actually right in my face and the feeling was just stunning .. I was literally stunned just by looking at it. 

Old Beaterio
Idjang was used to be a look out spot back in the day according to Kuya Michael.

Idjang

Chamantad. I spent almost 2hrs running, looking and enjoying this wonderful work of our greatest Creature. Trust me, looking at it's picture is WAYYYYYYYYY different than how it feels when you're actually in there. I took soooo many shots and yet, I felt I need more.

Chamantad/Tinyan View Point

Chavayan Village. Honestly, I'm "wordless". Couldn't find any word to describe how this very simple yet beautiful and authentic place made me feel so whatever-you-call-that-feeling-you-never-felt-before-and-you're-feeling-it-now. I just loved it.

Chavayan Village (Old Classic Stone Houses)

Sabtang Lighthouse. This lighthouse was under construction and already a private property of one of the locals, which means - its not available for public anymore. However, due to my (great :)) pursuing skills, Kuya Michael left with no choice but to talk to the owner and we were permitted to climb the top of the lighthouse. Thanks Kuya Michael!

Sabtang Lighthouse

Last but not the least, Mayahaw Arc - and beach. You can swim, if you can. LOL. We also had our lunch here.

Mayahaw Arc

TIP:
I posted only 7 out of 600++ picures I took in Sabtang. Make sure to have a spare memory card.

EXPENSES

Click HERE.

As I've notated above, pictures aren't enough to describe how beautiful and stunning Sabtang is. You gotta see and feel yourself to understand how I and other people who have been to Batanes felt when we where there.




No comments:

Post a Comment