Friday, January 23, 2015

Greens And Blues All The Way - South Batan, Batanes


I did my South Batan tour on my first day since it requires full day to visit and enjoy all the places South Batan has to offer.

Kuya Dale picked me up 9:30am from Marfel's with his private trike tour. I was wearing shorts and t-shirt and Kuya Dale was fully covered and I was like .. hmnn , bat balot na balot naman to si Kuya .. which later on I found out and experienced myself, and I can tell you, Batanes is really not a SHORTS place! You'll know why soon..

Must-see and feel places in South Batan

  • Chawa View Deck. As soon I hopped off from the trike, I jumped right back in because it was so cooooooooold and wiiiiiiiiiiindy! Made me wanna go back and change but I decided to just accept my fate. LOL. Going back, Chawa View Deck is basically a HUGE rock mountain that you can relax and feel the breeze (not in my "case" though).

 
Chawa View Deck




  • Mahatao Port. Is just a port but a beautiful one, boats dock here and not on the shore itself for only 1 reason, big waves - almost always.

Mahatao Port

  • Tayid Lighthouse. The very first lighthouse I've ever seen, I wasn't able to get inside, it has been out of operation for a long time now and being kept lock.
Mahatao/Tayid Lighthouse

  • Marlboro Hills. Have you tried riding EK's Space Shuttle? How you can't breath because of overwhelming wind breeze? That's exactly what I felt when I went here!! Whew! I was literally chilling, felt like my nose and hands and ears were gone, but I have to tell you, Marlboro Hills is really really beautiful, made me feel for minutes I was at the Netherlands!
Racuh A Payaman aka Marlboro Hills

  • Alapad Rock. A nice and state-of-the-art natural rock formation.

Alapad Rock

  • Song Song Ruins is said to be one of the first places Batanes' first people had lived and was forced to leave because of a great damage brought by a huge tidal wave back in the day.

Song Song Ruins

  • Honesty Shop. A shop that has no cashier or bantay. All items have each own price written on them and there's a box where you drop your payment. Your honesty will surely be tested in this place.

Honesty Store

  • House Of Dakay. Said to be the oldest stone house in Batanes (not sure if in Basco alone). Take note that there's a family living on this house, you can have a picture taken inside the house and can drop a donation if your heart desires.

House of Dakay - since 1886

  • Batan's White Beach. I'm a beach lover but due to intensive cold temp and wind breeze, I just took a shot of it, looked around and left.

White Beach


Things to remember:

  • Tour South Batan with 2 options, Packaged Group Tour c/o Ryan Cardona or DIY. I opted for DIY simply because I'd like to stop and drop not only to those places where tourists/travelers normally are but also to any random place that captures my heart in a very simple and effortless way. Another reason is, I'd like a "normal" local to show me around, share stories and help them at least on my own way, plus I have and manage my time and it's a little cheaper than package tours.
  • The temp is very cold and wind is just too strong - make sure not to leave your homestay/hotel wearing shorts and tshirts only! :)
  • Bring CASH - lower bills possible.
  • Locals are very friendly, always wear a smile and learn to greet them back when they say "Good morning/afternoon/evening".

Expenses

Click this LINK.


No comments:

Post a Comment