Saturday, February 22, 2014

Singapore In A Day




Twas only 7 hrs land travel via bus from KL to SG so I decided to go! I've always wanted to visit SG since then and I'm just so happy for another dream come true. Marina Bay Sands, Merlion and Universal Studios are the most pictured places in SG where I would want to have my own too!


The very famous Marina Bay Sands!



I arrived at Nicoll Highway from KL at 5am with no one with me, no SG dollar, no idea where I am - just my map. LOL !

My travel best friend - MAP !
5am is still dark and I was just so scared. Unlike NY, SG is really a city that sleeps. Good thing I saw a Romanian guy who happens to be a "wanderer' like me. He looks okay so I decided to stay where he was. I didn't notice we both came from KL on the same bus. His friend picked us up at around 5:30am, since train stations won't be open until 6am - we had to walk, and I mean WALK until we part our ways.

Surprisingly, even though there's really not much of people on the road at that early time, I felt very safe. I walked from stations to stations thinking I will be able to reach my inn since they looked near each other on my map (I know it's stupid) but then I gave up. I stopped at 1 one station, waited for the train to be open and continue my adventure.

Things To Remember


  • Singapore is another country. From KL - you have to present your passport and get stamped to pass the boundary and enter SG - open 24hours.
  • 1 S$ = Php35 as of Feb 2014
  • Don't lose your train ticket because it will cost you more to get another one!
  • English is widely spoken

Going Around

I so love transportation system in SG although at first, I was feeling like "aanga-anga" especially with their traffic lights and pedestrian lane, as well and entering to and exiting from a train - no wonder SG is one of the most disciplined countries. Public transpo mainly is train, you have to get a train card that is  reloadable and usable for 10days.

Standard ticket within SG's LRT and MRT.
Where To Stay
I booked my reservation at Fernloft, the cheapest I found online - $S22 for 1 night dorm type room.

Where To Go

Since I only have 24hours to stay and enjoy SG, I had to make the best out of it! I checked in at 9am (Yes! 9am - I had to wait outside for 2 hours) to leave my bag, took a bath and have some breakfast. I went straight to Sentosa where USS (Universal Studios SG is located)!

Universal Studios. Accessible via train. I bought my ticket One-Day Pass to USS at Fernloft for $S60.



Far Far Away Castle!!

Me and the Universal Globe :)

Best ride ever @Revenge Of The Mummy!!!!

Rockafellas in SG!
Marina Bay Sands. Accessible via train.

Marina at night :) 
Around Marina
Singapore Flyer.

Flyer at night :)
Expenses

Bus from KL to SG - RM49.25
Accommodation at FernLoft (with free breakfast) - S$22/night
Transportation - S$10
Souvenirs - S$16 (Shirt from USS) S$20 (Accessories)

Overall, I so love SG for its undisputed cleanliness and orderliness. I wasn't able to discover and experience more of it because obviously, a day won't be enough. I'll be back for more, that's for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment