Friday, May 30, 2014

Baguio: City of Pines





As a first time and sole visitor for this place, all I can say is - I'll sure be back for more! It is said to be the "Summer Capital of the Philippines" for it's natural cold (than any other place in the country) temperature. City sitting atop of a mountain with approximately 5,000 ft above sea level. Baguio is well known for Panagbenga (flower) Festival happens every February of each year.





How to get there:

I took a ride from Victory Liner bus station in Cubao to Baguio for P450/P500 (can't remember exactly) and left at 1pm, reached Baguio terminal at 8pm with a really cool (for me) temperature. Inside the terminal, there are benches you can sit and sleep on, which other budget travelers opted to do. Outside the terminal, there's a lot of hotel/inn representatives waiting - just pick and go!

I stayed at Ferrioni 2 Pension House downtown Boni avenue - accessible via jeepneys and (open-air) taxis for a very cheap fare of P30! The room is good for 1 or 2 persons - with a single bed plus comforter, TV, fan, hot/cold shower and breakfast for only P1000 - given that it's February.

What to do and where to go:

I woke up at 6am, had breakfast, (hot) shower and off! First stop - Burnham Park! Right outside the pension house, I took a jeep and asked the driver to drop me off at Burnham Park - and so he did , well the local passengers told me so.

I paid P50 for 30mins rowing. It was calming though tiring coz you have to row yourself. Since it's 2days before Panagbenga Festival, couple of walks from Burnham Park - big and stunning flower arrangements were parked.





Next, Mines View Park, from Burnham, I asked locals how to get to Mines View park - so I found a jeepney terminal near "Palengke" going to the place.

Such a breathtaking view! Mines View Park will surely capture all your 5 senses! I was just so happy and made me wanna stay here for good! :)



Other places to visit:

Wright Park





The Mansion



Botanical Garden.



Unfortunately, I wasn't able to visit PMA but you can! I bought pasalubongs at the market near the terminal - they're everywhere! Overall Budget: P4000 :)

Most of the attractions in Baguio are for FREE and very accessible, no wonder why people can't just resist on visiting the place over and over again.

If you haven't been to Baguio, what are you waiting for? Pack your bag and just go!



No comments:

Post a Comment